Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dubai: little things

So much to learn...

I had not appreciated that the ruler of Dubai died suddenly of a heart attack this year, and was succeeded by his brother, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, who is also vice President of UAE. Man, january 2006 was a bad month to be a sheikh in the gulf - Kuwait and Bahrain as well?

Interesting and accomplished man. A poet.

"For Al Aqsa..." is interesting. So is "Stand With Justice.".

I now wish I could read arabic, so I could tackle the Riddles.

Mohammed is behind the JAFZA free zone, and the Dubai docks, and set up the first Dubai airline.

As is traditional, as I understand, many prisoners were released in Dubai on Jan 8th, nothing I can find in english language news on that. Wonder which prisoners were released. That would be quite informative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home