iPod iChing - Star Light, IR bright, Were you the first star? We ask tonight
It is friday. Yay.
And in our lazy laconic way, we ask the All Knowing iPod: about this foreground subtracted Spitzer image everyone is talking about... are we really seeing redshifted emission from "first stars" at redshift greater than 10?
Whoosh. The randomizer whooshes...
- The Covering: Let's Dance - Davie Bowe
- The Crossing: Super Heroes - Rocky Horror Picture Show
- The Crown: Take Down the Union Jack - Billy Bragg
- The Root: Late Night Blues - Don Carlos
- The Past: Down All the Days - Pogues
- The Future: Donna Non Vidi Mai - Pavarotti
- The Questioner: Interlude III - instrumental
- The House: Dreaming - Blondie
- The Inside: I Like to Write, Spell and Read - Twin Sisters
- The Outcome: Have a Heart - Bonnie Raitt
For completists: #11 is Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry and #12 is Dai campi, dai prati - Pavarottis.
Hm. Interesting. The past and key events is all very encouraging. But the Future suggests something is wrong, combined with the House it tells me the conventional wisdom is on the wrong track. However, if we work hard at calculating this properly, we will in fact see the light from the first stars if we persevere. More so if we look at #11 and #12.
So, the iPod says: this is not the first light, but keep at it. Wise is the iPod, slightly confused is his High Priest.
As always, the Key as explained by Sean
PS: Matt - I don't know what the reaction at Stanford was to all of this, but you may want to keep quiet about this heresy.
If there's going to be a fight, let it be NoCal vs SoCal, I have no dog in this, yet.