iPod iChing - Life on Enceladus
Oh, mighty iPod - is there life on Enceladus?
Whoosh goes the randomizer... Whoosh.
- The Covering: Your Little Secret - Melissa Etheridge
- The Crossing: Mamma Aumingja Mamma - Edda
- The Crown: Black Boys on Mopeds - Sinead O'Connor
- The Root: Pretty - Cranberries
- The Past: The Thin Ice - Pink Floyd
- The Future: Bought Me A Cat - Twin Sisters
- The Questioner: Bangsi Litli Frelsaður - Thorbjorn Egner
- The House: Silent Legacy - Melissa Etheridge
- The Inside: The Firebird: Tableau II - Stravinsky
- The Outcome: Ch' Ella Mi Creda - Pavarotti
#11 is Four Studies - Stravinsky; #12 is Fuglinn í Fjörunni - Þuríður Pálsdóttir
Hm. tricky. Covering is promising. The Crossing is a children's song about when Mummy gets fed up and walks out on her family because no one is helping. Don't know what to make of the Crown in this context.
The Root and The Past are right on target though. The Future is just a littany of life!
The Questioner is "the rescue of baby bear" from Hakkebakke Forest. Good stuff again.
The Inside again I don't see the connection, but The Outcome is looking good here.
Maybe I shouldn't have been so skeptical yesterday. Go Enceladus...
As always, the Key as explained by Sean
The Thin Ice: Pink Floyd
Momma loves her baby,
And daddy loves you, too.
And the sea may look warm to ya, babe,
And the sky may look blue.
Oooooooo baby blue.
Oooooo ooohh babe.
If you should go skating,
On the thin ice of modern life,
Dragging behind you the silent reproach,
Of a million tear-stained eyes,
Don’t be surprised when a crack in the ice,
Appears under your feet.
You slip out of your depth and out of your mind,
With your fear flowing out from behind,
You as you claw the ice.