iPod iChing - Are r-modes Real?
So, time for lazy, lite iPod blogging.
Lets stay on topic.
Oh, mighty iPod: given last week's news at the AAS meeting about PSR Trz 5ad rotating at 716 Hz, is gravitational radiation damping of unstable r-modes the actual primary physical limit on observed pulsar rotation frequencies?
Whoosh goes the randomizer. Whoosh...
- The Covering: In the Bleak Midwinter - King's College Choir
- The Crossing: Come un bel di di maggio - Pavarotti
- The Crown: Billy Boy - Twin Sisters
- The Root: Norwegian Wood - Cornershop
- The Past: Makarena - Strumparnir
- The Future: Chrome Plated Heart - Melissa Etheridge
- The Questioner: Interlude - Mannheim Steamroller
- The House: Apollo - Stravinsky
- The Inside: Body of Water - Billy Bragg
- The Outcome: Silly Shapes - Twin Sisters
#11 is Strong Enough - Sheryl Crow and #12 is I Melt with You - Modern English.
Wow. The Past is the "Macarena" in Icelandic. done by the Smurfs.
That and Norwegian Wood.
The iPod can be cruel indeed.
The whole r-mode thing is clearly just completely on the wrong track.
I suspect our clue is in #12 (and I think a 12 item iChing is clearly appropriate, not the traditional 10 item list).
The Outcome is hard to argue with.
As always, the Key as explained by Sean