NASA: watching the watchers
1) Karl Rove has signed off on The Plan
2) They will actually ask OMB to ask for shitloads of new money (well a billion or two)
- it won't be enough, and they won't get it anyway
3) Ames, Glenn, Langley and Marshall are getting RIF'd as long rumoured
- some of the reductions will be contractors let go, with NASA employees insourced to take their tasks; easier, I guess
I predict one or two centers will quietly be closed when they go below critical capacity and that JSC, KSC and GSFC will be relatively immune. JPL is the big question mark.