Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Neil vs Stephen

Neil deGrasse Tyson, astronomer extraordinaire, director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History, NY, and general genuine nice guy, was on the Colbert Report wednesday night (26 Oct).

He was funny, erudite and at one point kicked Colbert's butt. In a nice sort of way. Though to be fair I thinnk Colbert thought about hitting back and then decided not to, there was a visible pause and then a "ok lets wrap this up on a laugh" rather than draw blood fight. Still, Neil did better than Lou Dobbs, and he
got some important points across about Intelligent Design, science and priorities.

Not bad at all

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Solomon said...

Wow!! Shame I missed that. I'm a big Neil fan--he's a great guy (I work at AMNH, too, so I see him fairly often). Wonder what he said this time regarding ID. I forget which function it was at, this past spring, when as part of a speech he was giving, he satirized a bit about "un-intelligent" design. He played for us (us being me + the REU students...) a clip of it--hilarious! He's a very funny dude ;)

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home