Google
 
Web catdynamics.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 15, 2005

more tenure truths

First heard on Garrison Keillor's Lake Woebegone Days:

I did it their way

Apparently by Bob Blue.

"...And so, my fine young friend, now that I am a full professor,
Where once I was oppressed, I've now become the cruel oppressor.
Like me, you'll learn to cope, you'll learn to climb life's golden stairway.
Like me, you'll see the light, you'll do it their way."

I try to play my copy to everyone of my friends who gets a tenure track position.

They're usually singing along by the time he hits the second verse.


More songs that shouldn't be sung:

White Man in Hammersmith Palais - done by Vanilla Ice


Short GRB note

I will not comment on the GRB stuff at this point, I've been co-opted.
I will comment on it again by next week I expect. It is still exciting, but as always more complicated than first glance suggests.

1 Comments:

Blogger tylert said...

I love this song, and since I'm about to graduate, it's just that much more on the nose right now. Do you know where I can get an mp3 of the song?

you can email me at

thoma1c@uwindsor.ca

thanks!!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home